Routine inspection of your HVAC system by a certificated specialist is important to ensure your AC unit is running efficiently. Proper care between visits can help you maintain and achieve additional energy saving.
1- CHANGE FILTERS MONTHLY
Clogged and dirty filters block normal airflow. the most important maintenance task to ensure the efficiency replace your filter. this can lower your energy consumption by 15%
2- CLEAN YOUR VENTS
Dust and debris make your system work harder - costing you more money. To Clean:
* Vacuum: Use the crevice extension to get into vent slots
* Wash: Remove vent cover a wash with dish soap
*Cobweb Duster: Get into vent with duster as for as you can
3- CLEAN CONDENSER COILS
Clogged condenser coils 30% more energy. To Clean:
* Remove visible grass and dust with a whisk broom.
* Spray coil cleaner into coils and wait 5 to 10 minutes.
* Gently rinse with water spray to avoid needing fins.
4- CLEAR PLANTS, BUT KEEP THE SHADE
Let your air conditioner breathe by clearing away plants that can block air flow and make your AC work harder. But keeping your AC Unit shaded can save you 10% on electricity.